But Sug, the book “Twilight” came out 7 years ago.
Okay, I’m fashionably late to reading the book “Twilight,” by Stephanie Meyer. Honestly, it didn’t occur to me until I saw the book in the thrift store for a whole DOLLAR to read it. If you were with me prior to the blog crash, you know I bought these two books from my local Goodwill.
Fast forward to last week, I started reading the 1st book in the saga AND I could NOT put it down. Now, I’m not one to read books on vampires and such and I haven’t read a book series since “The Baby Sitters Club.” Remember Claudia and nem?
Man oh man was this book a treat!! Here are a few of my favorite line:
- “And I never looked a free truck in the mouth – or engine.” (Chapter 1)
- “I forgot all their names as soon as she spoke them.” (Chapter 1) I can so relate to this.
- I made the Cowardly Lion look like the terminator.” (Chapter 2)
- “He enunciated every syllable, as if he were talking to someone mentally handicapped.” (Chapter 4)
- “I tend to dress according to my mood.” (Chapter 11)
- “This truck is old enough to be your car’s grandfather -have some respect.” (Chapter 12)
There are more but I shan’t bore you with the details.
While reading this book, I kept thinking about
this crap “Fifty Shades of Grey.”
Remember my blog post?
But Sug, why come you was thinking about that book? I’m so glad you ask. Well, “Fifty Shades of Grey” was eerily similar to “Twilight.” Here’s how:
***NON SPOILER…I THINK***
- Both ladies went after
anunattainable vampire and dirt bagmen.
- Both ladies were clumsy.
- Both had similar body language (playing with their hands, knitting of the eye brows, looking down, blushing)
- Both ladies were young and inexperienced.
- Both men have been around the block and or the globe.
- Both ladies were a bit thirsty for the affection of the men.
- Both men have this stalker I-know-where-you-are-at-all-times appeal.
- Both men say that the ladies should stay away them.
I’m going to leave it at that, because I don’t want to spoil it for anyone who hasn’t read the books. The difference between the books, besides the quality of writing, was that one man was a vampire while the other man wanted to beat the crap out of you. Bothered by the similarities in the book, I decided to consult with Google. According to the interweb, “Fifty Shades of Grey” is fanfiction (stories about characters written by fans of the original work).
You can take someone’s book, change the characters name, give them a whip and call it “Fifty Shades of Grey?”
Anywho, I’m halfway through “New Moon” and I picked up “Eclipse” today from the thrift store. I can’t wait to finish. I love reading good books.
That’s all. Thanks for reading. :D