If you saw this POST, you know that I am reading the “Twilight” series. Well, I just finished reading “New Moon” and I couldn’t wait to talk about it.
Now, “New Moon” wasn’t as exciting as “Twilight,” but I still enjoyed it…for the most part. Some parts of the book read really slow and I found myself finding reasons to escape to stalk check my cellular device.
Here are a few of my favorite lines from the book:
- “He was in many ways just like the big brother I’d always wanted…only much, much more terrifying.” (Chapter 1)
- “…he carried the happiness with him like an aura, sharing it with whoever was near him.” (Chapter 6)
- “By the time we got back to La Push, I was twenty-three and he was thirty…” (Chapter 6)
- “Well, there’s something you don’t see everyday.” (Chapter 14)
- “…he said, and so much love saturated his voice that I felt embarrassed, intrusive…this was worse than any romantic movie; this was so real that it sang out loud with joy and life and true love.” (Chapter 14)
I shall not bore and or spoil you with additional lines.
Now, let me talk about Bella (the main character). Oh Chile!
As the old folk say, “You need Jesus!” I know this book is fiction but I found myself HIGHLY irritated with Bella and wanting to
drop kick her use strong language directed towards her. I also wanted to use my Masters in Psychology degree and perform a mental status exam and then have her committed. Her pathology included:
- Being stuck on stupid
- Engaging in risky behavior
This particular book was highly redundant and I found myself rolling my eyes…a lot. I was SOOOOO sick of hearing of the hole in her chest, the nightmares, and her overall thirst for Edward. If I were there, I would have showed up around chapter 5 and slapped her…or at the very least given her major side eye action. Bella is a mess. #iCant
Some areas of the book were predictable. I kept thinking, she falls for or becomes friends with ALL the mythical creatures. I was waiting for her to fall in love with or becomes friends with:
- A dinosaur
- Big Foot
- A leprechaun
Oh. AND she is totally not a good friend…unless you’re a vampire. I kept saying “GIRL BOO!” I wonder how this is going to play out. I’m half way through “Eclipse” AND I’m giving that book the extreme side eye.
Thanks for reading. :D