25 Dec 04
MERRY CHRISTMAS (or whatever your get down is)!!!!
So here it is, Christmas day and the person who loves to talk has lost her voice. I’m sooooo sad. You know something profound is going to be said to me and I’m not going to be able to verbally respond. AND my hair is matted…a bulletproof kind of matted. :( In other news, my mama bought me a coat with a hood for Christmas! Yeah!
27 Dec 04
My TWA is almost a month old! Yeah. I still feel/look like crap. However, you know you can wake up your hair by using aloe gel. Man my hair loves that stuff.
31 Dec 04
My do is now a month old and it’s cool because it’s New Years Eve! I still feel crappy but I’m trying to snap myself out of it.
1 Month Learning Experience!
After 4 weeks of learning about my natural hair…
Week 1 Learning Experience:
- Try to leave it alone
- There is no such thing as good hair.
- I have different hair textures!
- Your hair will grow back.
- Natural hair is beautiful.
- There are tons of natural hair definitions.
- Make sure your eyebrows are tight!
- Barbers have no problem cutting your hair.
- Your hair will be matted when you lay on it. Yes I said matted. Just to give you a visual let me give you Encarta’s definition of the word matted: tangled, forming a thick tangled mess. Yes short hair can mat.
- Hair (or lack there of) doesn’t make a person.
- Don’t allow anyone to discourage you from going natural!
- Conditioner is your homey!
- It’s sort of costly to go natural (in the beginning you want to try different products and see what works best for you).
- Hair (and skin) love water from the inside and outside.
Haircut (including tip): $20.00
Conditioners (rinse out type, leave-ins and homemade conditioner ingredients): $20.00
Picks 2 at $1.50: $3.00
Being able to look in the mirror and see how beautiful you are PRICELESS!
(Que the cheesy music now)
- Okay…so maybe I should buy some more earrings.
- If you have thick hair it appears to be thicker when it’s short.
- Now that I don’t really comb my hair I can find all of my combs/brushes.
- Get rid of your curling irons/rollers/flat irons/etc.
- At this juncture I have no problem with my hair and I have no intention on relaxing it again.
- Now I know what they mean when they say “you know my left side looks better than my right side.” I’m telling you one side looks better than the other. People say I’m being crazy.
- I am a hair product fiend. I spent a lot of money on hair stuff. I’m not going to buy anything else, man (said while twitching). I need to use what I have already. Also, I don’t have enough hair to see what works and what doesn’t.
- I feel like I know all of me now! You know a lot of women/men have no idea what their natural hair looks like.
- I wish I would have cut my hair earlier.
- I look strange in pictures. I almost don’t recognize myself in pictures. I had no idea how much I was hiding behind my hair.
- I see why criminals who want to elude authorities cut their hair.
- Hmmm I have really large eyes.
- I get a lot of the “I think I know you/you look like someone I know” comments.
Week 3 Learning Experience
- Natural hair does mat. I don’t care what you put on it. Scarf, not scarf it mats.
- Don’t wash your hair everyday.
- If you can’t seem to find a hat to put on your head make sure you wear a scarf and or wear a coat with a hood.
- Make sure you moisturize your scalp.
- Don’t comb matted hair. Wet it first!
- Wow, I was really hiding behind my hair.
- If my naps were a G I Joe action figure, it would have the kung fu grip!
- Hair should not be crunchy.
- My name is Sugar and I’m a product junkie. I’ve spent a small fortune on hair products.
Week 4 Learning Experience
- YOU CAN’T COMB YOUR HAIR THE WAY YOU DID WHEN IT WAS STRAIGHT.
- IF YOU HAVE TIGHT COILS DO NOT COMB YOUR HAIR IF IT IS DRY.
- Only comb your hair if it is wet or really damp you need that slippage.
- I think my portable heater may be drying my hair out. Heat is the devil! Being that it’s winter you have to keep your hair moisturized. Dry=Breakage.
That’s it. Thanks for listening. :D