Like Shark Week, this is going to be “Raw Week.” #thowsconfetti For the next 5 days, I will talk about my raw food experience. :D Today, I will focus on my raw food menu. For many, the fear of eating raw (even if temporary) is NOT knowing what to eat. Trust honey, I know.
Before I get into some of the things that I ate, let me preface it by saying that it is muy importante to PLAN your meals. You can’t just roll up in the store and think that you’re going to be successful. No ma’am and no no sir.
When I say plan, I mean find a recipe and go shopping with a list. If you don’t plan, you’ll end up frying some chicken so not to starve. Anywho, here is a sample of my raw food menu.
- I always had a LARGE glass of water!!
- I drank smoothies.
- I drank LOTS of FRESH RAW juice. But Sug, what are some of your favorite juices? I’m so glad you asked, I have a blog post on my most favorite juice recipes. You can find them HERE.
- I ate fruit, Fruit and more FRUIT! I went through a whole heap of bananas.
- Occasionally, I would have a bowl of oatmeal. But Sug, that’s not raw. #Whatev
(Yay Beets…as long as you add apples and carrots!)
- I would have juice or a smoothie.
- Sometimes, I would have a protein drink. I used to drink whey BUT I had to abandon that because it was giving me the angry wild bowels.
Too much informationWho has time for that level of tomfoolery. I then started using hemp protein.
- I also ate fruit.
(Designer Whey, it was good BUT it was the DEVIL! I used to mix it with vanilla soy milk.)
(I then switched to Trader Joe’s Organic Hemp Protein Powder. This was much easier on my digestive system. I mixed it with vanilla soy milk. Now, this stuff does not play well with liquids. Meaning, it was difficult to mix. I had to stir and sip, stir and sip…. After you drink this, make sure you brush your teeth. If not, you’ll have green stuff occupying the surface of your teeth. But Sug, how does it taste? It’s pretty good…in an earthy sort of way.)
- I almost always “cooked” dinner.
- On those days where I could NOT be bothered, I let a restaurant make dinner. I went to Subway (twice), and got a salad. I had sushi once. I had a veggie wrap from Tropical Smoothie (twice). I also went to a raw food restaurant (twice).
- I prepared a LOT of salads, wraps and raw tacos.
- I experimented with a LOT of recipes that I found online. Some where amazing and some were all types of terrible.
- On 2 occasions, I used real wraps instead of the Romaine lettuce or lettuce leafs.
- On those 2 aforementioned occasions, brown rice AND black beans were in the wraps. They were amazing. But Sug, that’s not raw. #Whatev
(Raw Chili!!! Mmmmm I DON’T HAVE A RECIPE YET!!)
(Raw Taco. Mmmmmmm RECIPE)
(I have a review of a wonderful RAW restaurant coming soon. ^_^)
Speaking of dinner, I made these:
- I made RAW Gazpacho soup!
- I made RAW Tacos!
- I made RAW Thai wraps!
- I made and AMAZING Raw Italian Dish!!
- I ate a BUNCH of dehydrated fruit.
- RAW nuts were my edible BFF.
- I had a few scoops (really, it was only a few scoops) of sorbet and soy butter pecan ice cream.
- Kale chips took the place of potato chips.
- Cashew cream filled strawberries satisfied my sweet tooth ( I DON’T HAVE A RECIPE YET!!).
- AND RAW apple pie was the best thing on earth!
(Dehydrated kale chips are AMAZING!)
(Why eat candy when you can have dehydrated fruit?)
(Yes, this is a raw pie!! I DON’T HAVE A RECIPE YET!!)
Later this week (not necessarily in this order):
- Other meals that I’ve tried
- Raw food restaurant review
- Pros and cons of the raw food diet
- Final thoughts
That’s it. Thanks for listening. :D I’ll see you tomorrow (in theory).