(She REFUSES to let my reading experience be great!)
I LOVE to read and I know many of my wonderful blog readers love to read too. As a result of my book review blog posts, a lot of you guys have asked me to form a book club. At first I was like, “NAWL SON!” But now, I’m like, “Okay Bew!” Plus, I really do enjoy the interactions with you guys. <3 Sooooo, LET’S READ A BOOK TOGETHER!
First things first. Who’s down?
I’m thinking we should start March 1st…or the 15th. That’ll give everyone time to buy, rent or reserve the book from the library.
As a former therapists and facilitator of therapy groups, we need to establish some general rules, right?
- You can come and go as you please. Life happens and I know not everyone will be able to stick with it, and that is ok.
- Everyone will be respectful. Don’t be cussing people out and using inappropriate language because someone doesn’t agree with what you have to say.
- Understand that there will be disagreements, and that is okay!!
- Stay on topic.
- Remember, this is supposed to be fun and to encourage reading and healthy discourse.
Are there any other rules that you think we’ll need? If so, list them below and I’ll add them.
I guess we need to decide on a book to read….
Also, here are a few questions that I have before we can start. I want to make sure this is successful.
- How often shall we check in?
- What time frame do we have to finish the book?
- Do we need a facilitator/moderator?
Can you think of any more questions?
I’ll work on a format and stuff. I’m not sure if I’m going to do a forum style / or blog post style.
Please share your ideas, concerns and suggestions.
That’s it guys. Thanks for listening :D I look forward to what you have to say.