I’m back with yet another top 10 list!! This time, I’m talking about the 85th Academy Awards!! I did a top 10 list last year, but it was lost during the blog crash. #wallslide I’m still salty about that…but that is not this. Anywho, without further adieu, here are my top 10 moments from the 85th Academy Awards!
1. Seth MacFarlane was all types of terrible. I mean, I can find humor in almost anything, but meh. He was actually painful to watch. Wait. I did laugh at the socks in the dryer bit.
2. Dame Shirley Bassey not only looked great, but she sang that song! I’m trying to understand how does one sing “Goldfinger” with that much passion AND look fine while doing so? Whew, chile! Word on the curb is, she’s 76! SEVENTY-SIX!
3. The theme music from Jaws! Tell me why were “they” playing that joint as the wrap it up music? Laughing out loud!
4. Kerry Washington’s cheekbones needed a mini Oscar!
5. Jennifer Hudson sang
for the millionth time ”And I am Telling You” and killed it for the millionth time!
6. A tie? I’ve never known there to be a tie but there was a tie for sound editing.
7. Sally Field was serving us some premium acting in that 10 second clip from her role in the film Lincoln! YAAS! She should have won based on the clip, but she didn’t.
8. Adele!! Um, she looked FABULOUS and she sounded great. WOW! She also won an Oscar!!
9. When Barbara Streisand came out though! WHEW LAWD! She sang in memory of those in the film industry that are no longer with us. #wallslide
10. Renée Zellweger…I didn’t even recognize her. Um.
There were other moments like that one sweaty dude, Quvenzhané Wallis and her slicked down edges and of course Mrs. Obama announcing best picture! I don’t know about you, but I have a lot of movies to watch. Anywho, did you watch the 85th Academy Awards? If so, what were your favorite moments?
That’s it. Thanks for listening. :D